Monday, October 18, 2010

SIN CAN NOT WIN!

Do you believe that? Do you believe that sin can win? Do you honestly believe that Satan can defeat the children of God? When God started calling me back to him in early 2000, He gave me Jeremiah 29:11-14 as my own personal verses from Him. This gave me something to hold on to, to believe in, to trust in and to pray back to God. I could easily quote back to God verse 11 “For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I would quote back to God verses 12 through 14 and usually (actually, quite often), I would butcher those verses....but I understood and internalized what they meant and I prayed them back to God with a sincere heart. Whenever, I saw a plaque or something with Jeremiah 29:11 on it, I always wondered “where are the other verses? Aren’t they just as important?”

Recently, God revealed to me that yes, Jeremiah 29:11 was given to me personally and that the other verses were given to me, so that I could give them to you! “Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity...” Jer 29:12-14a. As a Christian, know that when you pray to God....He does listen! If you are still breathing.....know that when you seek God with all your heart, you will find Him. It doesn’t matter if you are saved or not because, “when you seek Me with all of your heart, I will be found by you!” This is a promise! God is so amazing and He loves you so much that when you make one move, just one step toward Him, He will take three, four, five steps (however many it takes) toward you! If you truly seek Him with all of your heart, you will find Him!

Then, there is verse 14. I’ve always thought, “well that doesn’t apply to me because this verse is talking about Israel.” No, that’s not the case. This verse applies to me and it applies to you. What is holding you captive? God is saying in this verse “I am bigger than sin! I am bigger than whatever you are allowing to get between us! Seek me with your whole heart! Pray to me and I will listen to you and I promise that I will free you from the sin that is holding you captive!" What is that sin? Is it busyness? You just don’t have enough time in the day to focus on God? Are you a slave to an addiction that you just can’t quite kick? Are you constantly trying to hold yourself up to the standards of others? Who is it....your spouse, a friend, girlfriend or boyfriend, your best friend, a relative, a co-worker.....how about Hollywood? You are unique, you are special. God knit your bones together in your mothers’ womb and He knew you and numbered your days before you even took your first breath of life! God has a plan for you and that is a promise!

There is no reason for you to struggle any longer; whether you are a Christian or not, you are not in this alone...the God of the universe is on your side! Did you hear me? God IS ON YOUR SIDE and He wants so much to be your God! He wants you to give ALL of your problems to Him. Don’t you want to rest? Don’t you want the peace that only faith in Jesus Christ can give you? “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, sin can not win! “Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love......” Joel 2:13

To find out more about receiving Jesus Christ as your personal Savior please read our blog titled New Life in Christ (April 2, 2010).

All verses New International Version
@copyright 2010 LVC Ministries, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment