Monday, October 4, 2010

CROSSROADS!

Has there ever been a time in your life that you knew you were standing at a crossroads? You knew that you had a choice to make. You knew that whichever way you chose to turn would have a direct impact on your life and lead you to where you are today? You knew that the choice you made would impact your life for better or for worse. Some of you may be standing there now at that crossroads and you are having to make your choice now. Some of you have already made your choice and you know that you are now paying the consequences for a foolish choice, while some of you made the wise choice and you are reaping the benefits of that choice.

I found myself at such a crossroads several years ago. Some of you may remember from my prior postings that my husband and I got away from going to church. As it is with these types of things in life, one thing led to another and the next thing we knew we were living in the world and not following God. After I had lived in the world and made a mess of things, I found myself standing in the middle of a crossroads. I’ve thought about this often and when I look back at this period of time in my life, I actually see myself standing at a crossroads. I knew that I had a choice to make. Looking to the left, I could only see darkness and sadness; this is the atmosphere that I had chosen to live in for a while. On the right, I could see sunshine, my husband, my family and the life that God had intended for me to live. I don’t know why God allowed me to see myself this way and to show me what led down each road, but I’m glad He did and I’m glad that I chose wisely. This was in the mid 1990’s.

We moved to Fort Worth, Texas in 2002 and from then on, God has really been working in my life. Often, I think back to the friends that I left at the crossroads, the friends that chose the dark road and no matter what I say to them would never convince them that the road they are on is a road of destruction. Satan is very convincing. What road are you on? Do you find yourself at a crossroads? The choice is yours, even if you are a Christian (and I was) you may find yourself living in the world and you know that you need to get off of that road and get back to God. If that is the case, ask God to show you where you are and how to get back on the right path. If you are not a Christian and you know that life has got to be better than what you are living, then please read our blog titled New Life in Christ (April 2, 2010).

“This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls...” Jer 6:16 (NIV)

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity...” Jer 29:13-14 (NIV)

Dear Father,
Today, I come to you on behalf of all those who are standing at a crossroads. They have a choice to make, they can turn to the left where there is only darkness, destruction and captivity waiting for them, or they can choose to turn right toward sunshine, family and You. Father God, I pray that all reading this will choose to ask You where the good way is. That they will choose to walk in that path and that they will choose to believe You when You say that they will find rest for their souls. So many people are hurting and in pain today. Lord, the enemy has made a mockery of all things that are true and just and sacred. There is only one straight and narrow road that leads to Life, but there are many roads that lead to death and destruction. I pray Father that the Holy Spirit will guide everyone reading this entry today to realize they are at a crossroads and that their future depends on the choice that they make today.

@copyright 2010 LVC Ministries, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment