Thursday, January 6, 2011

Are You Living On Old Manna?

I remember when I first started hearing from God personally. I was like a sponge reading the Bible -- I couldn’t get enough! As I look back, I realize how spiritually malnourished I had been. I was going to church every week, but I was only getting spiritual nourishment on Sundays, and I was being spoon fed at that! It was at that point that I realized it was time for me to start feeding myself. That’s when I began my life-long journey into the study of God’s Word! So, let me ask you, are you spiritually malnourished, like I was? Are you being spoon fed God’s word? It’s time to start feeding yourself! God has wonderful treasures in His word that He wants to reveal to you personally. He also wants to reveal who He is to you through His word. God wants a personal relationship with you. He wants to speak to you about your situations. He wants you to come to Him and find out what His will is for your life. The God of this Universe loves you and wants to spend time with you!

So, maybe you’re thinking… “I do read the bible. Maybe it’s not every day, but I go to bible study and I pray.” Ok, then let me ask you this…Are you living on old manna? When is the last time God spoke to your heart? When is the last time that you couldn’t wait to share what God had revealed to you?

Remember in Exodus 16 where God sent manna every morning for the Israelites to collect and eat while they were in the wilderness for forty years. They were to gather as much as they would eat for that day, except the day before the Sabbath, then they could collect two days worth of manna so they could rest on the Sabbath. If they collected too much and kept it until morning, it would be full of maggots and would stink.

God speaks to us through His word and His word is the bread of life! His word to us is our manna! He doesn’t want us living on yesterday’s word, He wants to give us a fresh word, or fresh manna! Just like the Israelites had to gather their manna each day, we need to be in God’s word daily. Since the Israelites had to “gather” and work for their manna every day, we will find that we need to spend some time digging into God’s word. The more you dig, the deeper you’ll get. As you continue to study, God will take you into different levels of studying His word. So don’t think that just because you’ve read through the bible once that you’re done. God will continue to reveal Himself to us through His word as long as we’re alive. There is no end to God. How can we be so presumptuous to think that we know all there is to know about Him?

Maybe God has given you a word or a vision that has kept you going in your ministry but now you’re starting to wane. Is it hard to stay focused on what God has asked you to do? Have the embers of passion for your ministry died down? Then you know that it’s time for some fresh manna from God!

Dear Heavenly Father,
I ask that You would stir the embers of my heart and ignite the fire within me to burn with passion for You and Your Word! Lord, I’m asking You to speak a fresh word to me as I read Your Word. I want to hunger and thirst for Your Word like never before. I don’t want to live on old manna any longer. Show me treasures in Your Word that I can share with others. And help me to stop and listen to hear Your voice. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.


*If you want to know how to receive Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, please read our blog titled, “New Life in Christ” from April 2, 2010.


@Copyright 2011 LVC Ministries, Inc.









No comments:

Post a Comment